Treats acute & chronic diarrhoea for the whole family.
- Product type: EU Medical Device Class IIa.
- Registration: Europe and ANZ.
- Application: Gastroenterology – Diarrhoea.
- Dosage form: Sachet.
- Recommended dosage: Adults & children > 6: 1 sachet up to 3 times per day and children 1-5 years 1-2 sachets per day.
- Manufacturing counties: Italy.
1. Key advantages of Alfa iRelieve
- The product contains “Diosmectite” and indicated for the oral treatment of acute and chronic diarrhoea and painful symptoms related to gastrointestinal disorders.
- The product has a very specific surface area, up to 50 times that of kaolinite. It reduces stool frequency and volume.
- Indication / Claim – Treatment of acute and chronic diarrhoea and painful symptoms related to gastrointestinal disorders for the whole family.
2. Clinical Evidence
- Study 1 with 602 children: Two parallel double-blinded studies of children aged 1 – 36 months old. Result: Diosmectite significantly decreased stool output in children with acute watery diarrhoea by 33%.
- Study 2 with 602 children: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of children aged 3 – 24 months old. Result: Diosmectite shortened duration of diarrhoea by 26%.
One sachet of the product contains: Diosmectite 3g.
4. Mechanism of Action
Absorbs the largest amount of water, swelling up to double its volume. Protects the gastrointestinal lining & entraps pathogens (virus, toxin, and bacteria).
5. Technical Data
- Packaging: 8 disposable sachets of 5.25g.
- Shelf life: 36 months.