Useful in all cases of temporary alteration of vaginal flora.
- Product type: EU Medical Device Class IIa.
- Registration: Europe.
- Application: Gynaecology.
- Dosage form: Vaginal Tablets.
- Recommended dosage: Advisable to use 1-tablet, preferably in the evening before bedtime, for 10 consecutive days.
- Manufacturing counties: Italy.
1. Key advantages of Alfa fem’Care
- Is used in all cases of temporary alternation of vaginal flora.
- To treat vaginal infections and complaints.
- Helps to reduce burning, itching, vaginal discharge and odor.
- Helps to restore the vaginal environment due to Lactobacillus acidophilus.
- Normalized acidity levels in the vagina.
- Free from all antibiotics.
- Clinically proven, natural active ingredient, and dissolves within minutes
- Restores and maintains the physiological pH values.
One table contains Lactobacillus acidophilus (500 million CFU), Lactic Acid (15mg titrated to 60%). Excipients are Mannitol, sodium crosslinked carboxymethylcellulose, magnesium stearate..
3. Mechanism of Action
Alfa fem’Care is a medical device in tablets for vaginal use, containing live Lactobacillus Acidophilus and lactic acid.
The uro-vaginal microflora is characterized by a complex microbial ecosystem that exerts a physiological defence against bacterial and Candida, the normal vaginal secretion has in fact an acid pH between 3.8 and 4.5 and the acidity is maintained by a normal level of estragon and by the resident bacterial microflora.
The bacterial flora that colonizes the vaginal mucosa is mainly composed of lactic acid bacteria (Bacillus Doderlein), which metabolize glycogen to lactic acid, responsible for maintaining acid environment which makes unfavourable colonization and development of the pathogenic microorganisms.
When the microbial balance is temporarily altered by hormonal factors (menstruation, pregnancy, menopause), by improper hygiene habits, or by the use of antibiotics, infections may arise caused by pathogens that alter deeply the microbial composition of the uro-vaginal area apparatus, with a drastic reduction of lactobacilli and manifestations of vaginitis and / or bacterial vaginosis.
The most common symptoms are burning, itching, dysuria and foul-smelling vaginal discharge.
Due to its particular composition once dissolved in the vagina, the fem’Care tablet frees the lactobacillus and lactic acid within minutes, lowering the vaginal pH to acid values between 4 and 4.5.
4. Technical Data
- Packaging: 10 tablets in a single blister..
- Storage: below 25 ° C, avoid exposing to thermal shock.
- Shelf life: 24 months (full stability and validation of stability as carried out in ICH guidelines).
Note: Pictures are for the demonstration purposes only and some of them belong to our partners.